Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Seriously?


Lately I have noticed that I say "Seriously?" quite a bit. When my kids do something stupid...seriously? When another snow day is called....seriously? When the dogs get mud all over my kitchen floor....seriously? When we received no news from the US Embassy on Tuesday of this week...seriously?

While some members of my family may get annoyed with my use of this word, I think it accurately reflects my feelings at that moment. Sometimes "seriously?" is addressed to a particular person such as a child who forgets to put on their shoes for school other times it is directed at God. When directed at the Creator it is a condensed version of "Really another thing is going wrong? I would like something to go right, please."

Reasons I like the word:
1. Is not and does not sound like a bad word
2. Can be directed at myself or someone else
3. Makes me feel better

So when Tuesday ended with no travel approval, you can guess who "Seriously?" was directed at...God and the US Embassy. We would very much like some GOOD NEWS this week. Needless to say my stress level is very high which is good for my waist line (I've lost 10 pounds) but bad for my sanity.

I am thankful for everyone praying for us and the donations we have received to take to Ethiopia when we do go.

No comments: