Monday, January 12, 2009

Trip to Atlanta

This weekend we took a family trip to Atlanta. After spending much of holidays with family and with Kurt traveling so much with work we really needed some quality time together. I have been dying to go to the Georgia Aquarium to see the whale sharks. Kurt has also been wanting to visit the Coke-Cola Factory there too. So we decided to make an educational trip out of it. I had spent the past week giving a crash course on ocean life. Having worked in the educational department at Sea World I had a lot of great books and activities to do with the kids. The Coke Factory was great because the kids got to see how things are made and distributed around the world. It was an exceptional tour. Although I think the highlight for them was meeting the Coke-Cola Polar Bear and watching the 4 D movie. Kurt took the coolest picture of the kids and a manta ray. Kurt and I could have sat in front of the large aquarium all day watching the four whale sharks and other fish, I don't think it would have been okay with the kids however.


No comments: