Friday, September 11, 2009

August Sucked

On August 7, 2009 I was in the hospital due to complications with my pregnancy. After being admitted on August 3 with some odd symptoms we endured a horrible roller coaster ride of possible causes for the issues. Finally on August 6th I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia a horrible disease they can't do anything about. We were hopeful I could hang on until our baby had more of a chance to develop, he was only 22 weeks, too young for the doctors to help him survive. On Friday the 7th my health had deteriorated significantly, fearing for my life the doctors made the decision to induce labor. After 13 hours I delivered a "sleeping" boy we named Elijah. He had passed away during labor. I am recovering well and am physically back to normal. Each day is a struggle to move on. We miss him and all the hopes for his future with us. Thank you for your continued prayers as our family endures this storm.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Kurt and Stacey,
I am so sorry for this horrible trial you family has had to endure. I will continue to pray for your strength to carry on.

Carissa said...

Hello -
I stumbled across your blog a few weeks ago. Our first child was also born early (33 weeks) due to HELLPS (severe form of preeclampsia). He'll be 6 y/o this month, but I can still remember those feelings when we realized that he would have to be born early. Your story has really touched me, and I pray that your heart is indeed being healed and put back together a little more each day.
[And for us, God used that and our 2nd baby (preterm at 35 weeks due to preeclampsia) to turn our hearts toward adoption. ]