Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Hope

This December was the hardest we've ever endured. We have missed Elijah each day since we lost him, however this December was particularly difficult. My due date was December 11th so we had thought we would be welcoming a new baby home this year. Unfortunately that did not happen and we have been living life without him. We cling to the memories we do have of him and the joy we have that he is with God, never having to experience the pain of this world. We all miss him terribly. Hannah recently wrote in a journal at school that if she had three wishes, she would wish for her baby brother back so she could help take care of him. Micah has been willing to talk a little more openly, telling me that he is very glad that I am still here and that he was so afraid I was going to die. I am thankful to God for leaving me a here a bit longer to be with my other two kids and my amazing husband. I am just so sad that Elijah had to go.

There is good news lurking on the horizon once more. In the middle of a very difficult Christmas we received an email from the adoption agency we used with Micah and Hannah's adoption, Christian World Adoption (CWA). We are working with them again to adopt a baby from Ethiopia. In the email they spoke of a six month old who had some special needs. Due to confidentiality rules I cannot share much other than we are moving forward with adopting him. After several weeks of prayer and thought we are beginning the paper chase for our fourth child. More updates to come including a fundraiser we'll be doing online that is super easy to participate in. We appreciate your prayers and support as we start working towards bringing home this special baby.

Here are pictures from our trip to California over Christmas.


Micah at the airport

Hannah and her cousin, Kaylin at Knott's Berry Farm

Hannah and Micah at Grandma and Grandpa's house

Hannah and me Christmas morning

Maggie (white) came with us on the plane, here she is with her best friend Scooter (black)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Stacey, I love you guys. & I love your blogs--your honesty, your thoughtfulness, & (I've said it before, but...) your bravery. Kido #4 has no idea how blessed he already is!